If your enquiry relates to CCTV surveillance on private property, a few options you could consider:
- The Surveillance Devices Act 2007 regulates the installation, use, maintenance and retrieval of surveillance devices
- If the property is also being used as a workplace, you could consider whether the Workplace Surveillance Act 2005 is relevant
- If the property is part of a strata title, you could enquire as to whether CCTV is contravening a bylaw
- You can contact your local council to find out whether the practice may contravene any local laws. Some councils may require planning permission for CCTV
- If you have issues with the operators of CCTV on private property, you can seek mediation at a Community Justice Centre – 1800 990 777
- If the footage is being used for indecent purposes you can report it to the NSW Police.
NOTE THIS IS GENERAL ADVICE ONLY.
Engage a lawyer if you are after legal advice.